Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas 2012

Hi All! Sorry it's been a while! Life gets busy!!!

Christmas was AWESOME! We had a blast... but we were sure fatigued from it all! Twas the first time in my 29 years that I actually cooked a Christmas Dinner. As most of you know I literally learned to cook this past spring when Nick said to me, "the children have to eat more than tuna fish sandwiches Kate." ... *sigh* "Really?"

But I spent the better part of Christmas Eve in the kitchen prepping what I could. Nick ended up assembling most of it Christmas Day so I guess I'll give him 40% credit, ok we'll bump it up to 45% because he helped me clean up!

That week started out as an adventure! ~ As always Murphy's Law the washing machine had to choke and DIE December freakin 23! Thankfully Nick was able to get online figure out how to take the dang thing apart, find the problem and call the local appliance shop who just HAPPENED to have the correct part! So Christmas Eve while I was slaving away in the kitchen Nick was slaving away, cursing his way through muck to get the bloody machine fixed! And he did it for $38! I was SO proud!

We had a great time making ornaments, icing gingerbread cookies and generally having a lazy couple of days! I did make a GF gingerbread house but it should have been assembled the day after I baked it, it fell apart the second day and I was unable to put the pieces together ... so I let Ruby slather them with icing and eat them!

I was just about ready to flippin' BURN the advent calendars my wonderful Mother In Law made (and fills the pockets up every year) ... between birthday, advent calendars and Santa Ruby is one SPOILED little brat! Ugg. It was a trying month! But we've gotten through it!

With the washer machine broken we ended up ordering Chinese food (which happens to be a childhood family tradition of mine) and the four of us ate early. Then we bathed up the kids, put them in their new UBER cute matching jammies from their Great Aunty Colleen (thankyou) loaded them up and went out to look at the twinkly lights. Kids had a great time. I felt the magic!
Once home the work began, but we had fun assembling the toys!

My sister and her kids arrived on Christmas afternoon and brought with them appys.... and a one of my 9 year old nephews covered in car sick. YYYEEEWWW! Got him cleaned up and my own kids went WILD... Cousins = LIVE play things.

 I had tried to get a hold of my folks ALL day to no avail. They had planned on spending Christmas at home (as my brother is single and they didn't want to leave him alone) having brunch with my bro and then heading up just after lunch. I finally got hold of them at 2:30 pm and they were surprised to hear that the highway was COVERED in a large dump of snow. Needless to say I was a bit perturbed and spent the next 4 hours a bit worried.

Dinner was on the table at 6 pm but they made it in the door at 5:58!

Dad was in rough shape from a gluten poisening somewhere along the line. So I convinced Mum and Dad to stay the night instead of heading the hour south to my sister's time share. It worked out for the best.

I think we stayed in our jammies for the entire day on Boxing Day! ... Well Nick got dressed briefly to go out and buy me this brand new Samsung Galaxy Tablet! Thanks Babe!!!

My folks too Ruby with them that afternoon for a sleep over with the cousins. The morning of the 27 we had plans to go skiing!!! It was an AWESOME Christmas week! ~ But next year can we just head to Mexico?



Cup cakes I made for Ruby's school party



Sugar crash!

Salt dough ornaments
My favourite shooter~ a 'Buttery Nipple' Butterscotch Schnapps and Bailey's

Decorating Gingerbread




Gf butter tarts, not my best pastry :(

Matching jammies Christmas Eve


Santa's snack


Christmas morning



Snow!

I'm not sure what this face is about!















No comments:

Post a Comment